While the Ecommerce industry is changing every day, some trends have been around for a while and continue to be relevant in 2023. The most popular online Ecommerce marketing trends today include artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), voice search optimization, ecommerce websites with membership models, interactive content for e-commerce, short-form videos on social media, and video e-commerce is the next big thing.
This blog will cover the different Ecommerce marketing trends that can be used in 2023 to skyrocket your sales by saving more time by using these features on a daily basis!
The Top Ecommerce Trends in 2023
1. Artificial intelligence (AI)
AI is the future of ecommerce marketing. In fact, it’s a powerful tool that can help you improve your website, Ecommerce marketing campaigns, and customer service in every possible way.
AI is nothing but Artificial Intelligence, a technology that allows machines to imitate human activities like learning and problem-solving. It uses large data sets to determine patterns in what humans do on the Internet so that computers can replicate those actions in real-time on web pages across the globe. AI also uses machine learning algorithms to predict what people want or need before they know it themselves. AI and ML models bring excellent outcomes in every area. They are developed with high-quality training data and make our life easier.
This type of technology has already been used successfully by major brands like Amazon, Google, and Facebook for years now, but only recently has AI become accessible for smaller businesses with limited resources who are looking for ways to boost their bottom line through digital channels like social media advertising or email marketing campaigns.
2. Augmented reality (AR)
Augmented reality (AR) is the superimposition of a computer-generated image or information onto a user’s environment. It differs from virtual reality (VR), which creates an entirely new environment that users can interact with and experience.
In e-commerce, AR can boost engagement by adding fun and engaging elements to your online store. Let’s take a look at some ways you can use augmented reality in your business:
- Use AR as a way to bring your brand to life. Customers who are intrigued by how something works are more likely to buy it! For example, if you have a product for sale on your site—like this smart mirror—you could create an entire campaign around it by creating an interactive ad that uses AR technology so users can virtually try out the mirror before making their purchase decision.
- You can have AR as an inbuilt feature for your Ecommerce stores where people can have a preview of the products before buying them.
- This is the new Ecommerce marketing trend people have adapted to after covid-19. AR has simplified the shopping process by giving customers a real-time shopping experience from home.
3. Voice search optimization
Voice search optimization is a growing field, and as voice-controlled devices become more common in homes across the world, it’s important for ecommerce marketers to consider how their sites will fare.
Unlike traditional SEO (search engine optimization), voice search optimization is not just about optimizing content for indexing by a search engine. Instead, it’s about understanding how people talk using these devices and finding ways to improve your site. For example, if someone says, “I want to buy white sneakers,” but you’re only optimizing your landing page for keywords like “sneakers” or “white shoes,” then you’ll get less traffic than someone whose site has been optimized specifically for this phrase.
Voice search optimization is one of the important ecommerce marketing trends that has simplified the job of even typing on your phones! All you need is an Alexa on your phone.
4. Ecommerce websites with a membership model
Membership models are growing in popularity with ecommerce websites. And here’s why: membership models offer a better user experience and can help convert customers by offering them extra value. This ecommerce marketing trend is followed both in online and offline stores!
Here’s how you can use membership models on your own ecommerce website:
- Offer exclusive discounts or deals on items like clothing, beauty products, electronics, etc. This will encourage people to sign up for your membership program, so they don’t miss out on any special offers you’re running.
- Provide members-only access to information that helps them make better decisions about their purchases—for example, by providing reviews from real customers who have bought what they’re selling before so they know whether it’s worth buying too!
- Membership can allow customers to experience various privileges like revealing the sales prices and new product launches. Also, provide your customers with special coupons!
5. Interactive content for Ecommerce
Your users are more than just data points. They’re individuals who want to be engaged with the content you provide them, and they don’t want to feel like they’re just another number in your database.
To stand out from the competition, you must ensure that your content is interactive. This means:
- Personalized – Your site should allow visitors to customize their experience based on their preferences. For example, by sharing their location or favorite sports teams on social media, users can access personalized content while visiting an e-commerce website.
- Immersive – Your customers will appreciate it if they can interact with visual elements within your store, such as photos of products or videos showcasing different product line features. This makes them feel like they’re part of a community rather than simply shopping online at home alone in front of their computer screen!
6. Short-form videos on social media
It’s no secret that video is one of the most effective ways to engage with customers. It’s proven that short-form videos are more effective than text, images, or audio at building trust with consumers. In order to create compelling videos, having the right video editing software is crucial. With a wide range of options available, such software empowers creators to enhance their footage, add visual effects, and craft professional-looking videos that captivate their audience. While video content is usually reserved for online retailers with a large budget and production team, there are other ways to implement this ecommerce marketing trend in your business:
- Create video clips for social media (Facebook, Instagram Stories). This can help you expand your community.
- Micro videos like quizzes and polls on Instagram Stories or Snapchat can engage your audience.
- Video e-commerce is the next big thing and is progressing faster than you think.
- Video is a great way to engage with customers and build trust with your audience.
- Videos can help you show off your products in new ways or even create product demos.
- Short videos in the form of GIFs and reels are more likely to reach millions of people.
These small doses of video will help you stand out from the crowd without taking too much time away from your busy schedule!
Most important Ecommerce Marketing Trends in 2023
There are new Ecommerce marketing trends in online marketing. The most important one is AI, AR, and voice search optimization.
In the next five years, you can expect to see many of these e-commerce trends put into practice!
According to Google, AI will soon be as important as electricity and water. Companies like Amazon and Instagram are already using it to provide customer service and offer personalized recommendations. We can expect an increasing number of social media platforms and email marketing platforms to incorporate this technology into their services for businesses to reach their target audiences more effectively.
How do people use AR/VR for Ecommerce businesses?
AR/VR (Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality). VR is being used by retailers such as Walmart so that customers can see how products look in different rooms before they buy them at home online or in stores via mobile devices.
Augmented reality allows users to take photos with their device cameras while also allowing consumers to go inside those photos using tools like Apple’s ARKit technology (which lets people put virtual furniture into real-world spaces). This technology promises new opportunities for brands who want people to engage with their products outside stores or conventions but still purchase from within those environments!
Even top lipstick and makeup brands use this ecommerce marketing feature so that people can choose the right lip color and foundation shade based on their skin tone virtually. All they have to do is give access to their camera and change the shade to find the right one!
Isn’t this amazing? There are times when technology can go beyond your imagination and can be a great friend, especially in marketing.
It’s not just about optimizing your website and improving the conversion rate but also about how you can use artificial intelligence to help you with this process. This is especially true regarding local SEO, where there are many restrictions from Google on what kind of content you can put on your pages.
How can AI be used in Email marketing?
AI will be able to determine whether something is spammy without having any humans involved in the process – and that’s something very valuable for both users and businesses alike!
Moreover, Email marketing platforms like BayEngage offer AI to edit your email templates effortlessly. You can instantly generate catchy headings, unique illustrations, and CTA buttons to make it more engaging and valuable to your audience. This feature can save you time and increases open rates in the coming years.
I hope you’ve learned much about the Ecommerce marketing trends in 2023 and what they mean for your business. We know it can be hard to keep up with all of these changes, but with this information, we hope you’re better equipped to decide how you market your brand online.
This year has started on a great note, and I suggest you try these new Ecommerce marketing trends for your business this 2023!