If you’re a WooCommerce store owner, then no doubt you’ve had your fair share of customers who leave their cart without checking out. It’s a bummer when that happens—and it can be even worse if those shoppers never return to complete their purchase.
But there’s good news: if you set up an automated email sequence to reach out to those customers and get them back on track, you can increase sales and reduce cart abandonment.
That’s where this article comes in!
We’ve rounded up seven of the most powerful and best WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins so you can choose the one that’s right for your business.
What Is Woocommerce Abandoned Cart?
WooCommerce Abandoned Cart is a plugin for WooCommerce that lets you recover abandoned carts. With this plugin, you can increase your sales by encouraging customers to complete their purchases and reminding them about items they left in their cart.
The plugin provides real-time notifications that let you know when someone abandons their cart. It also provides an email campaign tool that allows you to send automated emails based on specific criteria, such as the number of days since they visited your site or the amount of money they spent.
You can use the email plugin to remind customers about items they left in their carts and encourage them to complete their purchases. For example, if someone leaves an item in their cart without purchasing it, you could send them an email with this message: “Hey there! You left [item name] in your cart but didn’t buy it. Is there anything I can help you with?”
Why Do Some Customers Abandon Their Shopping Carts?
You’re probably familiar with the term “cart abandonment.” It refers to when a customer has added items to their online shopping cart but leaves the site without making a purchase.
Cart abandonment is a widespread phenomenon, and it’s estimated that up to 69% of people who visit an ecommerce site will abandon their carts. That’s an enormous number! And yet, despite how common it is, many businesses don’t know how to combat cart abandonment or why they should bother trying.
So why do customers abandon carts?
There are lots of reasons why customers abandon carts. Here’s a short list:
- They can’t find what they’re looking for. Maybe it’s because of a broken link or doesn’t know how to navigate the site. Perhaps they are not sure what they want to buy, but they’re not sure how to find out.
- They’re overwhelmed by the number of options. Maybe you have too many products in your catalog, or your product descriptions are too long and detailed for someone just starting to shop around.
- They feel there’s a lack of trust between them and the company. It could be due to poor customer service, lack of transparency about shipping costs, or returns policies.
- They get distracted by something else while they’re shopping (like an email notification).
- Something went wrong with the order that prevented them from completing it (like a delay in delivery).
- They can’t find a payment method that works for them.
8 Tips for Preventing Customers from Abandoning Their Shopping Carts
Most people don’t know this, but there’s a way to prevent people from abandoning their shopping carts.
So here are eight tips on how to prevent people from cart abandonment:
- Make sure you’re offering good value for your customers’ money. They’ll leave the cart if they feel like they’re not getting enough for what they’re paying.
- Make sure your product descriptions are clear and easy to understand.
- Don’t over-promise on shipping or delivery dates—people don’t like being lied to!
- Be sure your website is easy to navigate and understand so customers know what they’re getting into before they buy something from you (and ensure it has good visuals).
- Offer discounts or coupons if someone buys multiple items at once—this will help them feel more like they’re getting a deal and encourage them to spend more money with you in the future!
- Use the correct wording in your emails—make sure that what you say in the email is congruent with what you say on the page so people know what they’re getting into.
- Make sure that your site has consistent branding throughout—if you have a logo or a particular font, use it when people sign up for your newsletter, and then make sure that the same font shows up on subsequent pages of the website! It will help people feel like they’re in familiar territory, which can be very helpful if they’re hesitant about making a purchase decision at first glance.
- And finally, be human! It sounds simple, but remember: we all have feelings too! We all want to be treated well by the companies we do business with; if you can do that, you can stay relevant to your customers and make them return quickly.
What Does A Woocommerce Abandoned Cart Plugin Do?
WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins are designed to help you address the problem of abandoned carts. It is a common issue for eCommerce sites, but you can resolve it quickly with the right tools.
The primary function of an abandoned cart plugin is to help you recover lost sales. If a customer adds something to their shopping cart and doesn’t complete their purchase, they’re essentially saying they’re unsatisfied with what they’ve seen or had concerns about the product or service.
You can use an abandoned cart plugin to follow up with these customers and offer them incentives like discounts or free shipping if they return to complete their purchase.
The best WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins will also offer options for setting up custom notifications for specific products. So that if someone leaves the page for one item but does not complete their purchase, you can easily find out why and make changes as necessary.
7 Best Woocommerce Abandoned Cart Plugins To Help You Get Your Conversions
BayEngage is one of the best WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins that helps you recover your most valuable customers who abandon their carts. It enables you to turn those visitors into paying customers by re-engaging them with personalized messages and emails.
BayEngage will automatically send email messages to customers about their abandoned carts and give you the chance to upsell or offer them a discount code coupon.
The highly customizable module can send targeted email messages to your users who have left their shopping carts without placing an order. You can use responsive email templates to break down the barriers between you and your customers. You’ll be able to send them reminders or set up automatic follow-ups.
You can also use BayEngage’s powerful analytics dashboard to see who is abandoning their carts and why—and then use this information to make changes on your site that will improve customer loyalty and keep more people coming back for more!
- 300+ responsive email templates
- Simple email builder
- Millions of free stock images
- Real-time analytics and reports
- Email automation
- A/B testing
- Lists and Segmentation
- Third-party integrations
- Pop-up builder
- Phone, email, and live chat support
- SMS marketing
- Coupon creator
Retainful is one of the WooCommerce abandoned cart plugins to send order follow-ups and abandoned cart emails to your customers. It works seamlessly with WooCommerce, and its number of order filters will ensure that you can engage with customers no matter how many orders you have.
3. WooCommerce Recover Abandoned cart
When a customer abandons their cart without buying, there is a high chance that they may return to the store. WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart brings a solution to this issue by tracking registered and guest customers and sending a unique email that contains details such as discount coupons and product recommendations.
This simple yet powerful plugin integrates with Hubspot to deliver your WooCommerce orders to the CRM, track customer interactions with abandoned carts, and schedule emails in bulk. Make sure more of your customers are getting what they want with this easy-to-use CRM integration.
5. YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
The YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart extension automatically recovers abandoned carts and persuades them to finish their orders. This powerful solution also gives you statistics concerning abandoned carts and how many were successfully recovered using the cart recovery feature.
6. Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce helps you regain lost sales by bringing your customers back to complete their purchases. With abandoned cart recovery emails and automated reminders, you can reduce your losses from cart abandonment and increase customer satisfaction.
7. ELEX WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery
This plugin can help you recoup your lost sales and increase conversions. You can customize auto-emails for customers who have abandoned their cart and utilize triggers to send them at the right time. ELEX’s money-back guarantee and support are an effective way to bring back customers who have left without paying.
Best Woocommerce Abandoned Cart Plugin: Bayengage
Bayengae is the best option for the WooCommerce abandoned cart plugin because it:
- Setting up BayEngage is easy. You need to enter your email address and choose a password. You can also decide whether or not you want to send customers an email after they’ve abandoned their cart. Once set up your account, you’ll be able to use the plugin immediately!
- The interface for Bayengae is straightforward to use. It shows you all your options in one place, so you don’t have to waste time searching through different screens or pages while working on your site.
- Finally, Bayengae is affordable! You won’t have to pay a lot of money to get this incredible plugin—it’s perfect if you’re just getting started with WooCommerce or looking for something affordable but still powerful enough to help boost sales on your site!