Email Marketing has never failed to be one of the most potent and cost-effective direct marketing channels, even in today’s time. Generating an average ROI of $ 42 for every $ 1 spent is one of the valid reasons for email marketing to be the pillar of your digital marketing strategy.
Though email marketing strategies have changed over the years, what worked a year doesn’t work the following year; still, email marketing is positioned to be a key player in marketing strategy.
Email marketing without framed strategies is like leaving money on the table.
Scrolling down, you’ll dive deep into what is an email marketing strategy and why it is effective for your business’s success.
What Is An Email Marketing Strategy?
According to recent data, emails sent and received daily in the current period (2023) are 347.3 billion.
Yes, you read it right!
That is a 43% increase in the number compared to the previous year.
An email marketing strategy is about the plans or tactics every business or organization follows to promote its product or service among customers and subscribers.
But, building an effective Email marketing strategy is vital because, for every online marketer, email marketing is the go-to strategy to achieve their business goals.
Why do you Need Email Marketing Strategies to Run A Successful Business?
Email marketing strategies are vital for several reasons because
A framed email marketing strategies point out all the goals the business need to achieve. A company must always have a marketing objective to move in the right direction before setting up an email campaign.
Whether it can be sending timely promotions that drive sales or it can be non-promotional emails that give value to the customers.
- Email users worldwide are set to reach approximately 4.60 billion by the end of 2025.
- According to an online survey in the United States, 98% of millennials and Gen X relied on email for communication as they feel it is trusted and versatile.
- Email marketing acquires new customers 40X more than Facebook and Twitter because 72% of customers like to hear from brands, according to the report by SnovIo Labs.
Remember, Good email marketing strategies take your business to get on the radar!
Strategy 1: Know Your Audience
The process of knowing your audience isn’t easy. Setting up a campaign blindly doesn’t yield any results.
It’s as if you’re shooting in the dark.
It is no secret that you must think about your audience, like who they are, the challenges they face, and how their needs can be met by your product/service, that is when you can market the product and also produce the content that appeals to your – leads and customers.
As a brand, when you know your audience, you will likely resonate with your audience who is behind the screen of your business success.
- Utilize your previous successful email marketing campaigns to try again
- Find out how to target your audience from your competitors
- Track your audience’s activities and preferences so that you can provide on-time support for their queries
- Don’t hesitate to test and practice new ideas for your product or service with your audience
Strategy 2: Build your Email List
As a marketer or entrepreneur, you might probably know building an email list is one of the effective email marketing strategies to communicate with your target audience.
But how do you build a solid email list to bring a result-driven business?
- Audience who have purchased your product or service
- Subscribed via your website forms
- Signed-up for your product
- Referrals or advertisements on social media
Building an authoritative email list is possible only when you create an uncomplicated way for your audience to subscribe.
Here we’ve outlined some ways that effectively work,
1. Your Website
Begin with you!
Get into tracking, and if you find out that many interactions happen on your website, it is the first doorway to start your process. But how to begin with it?
Here are a few ideas to answer your “How?”
- You can add a signup form to your website as a pop-up for your customers to add to your email list.
- If you have a product or service to offer your customers, you can add a contact or Request Quota form for them to contact.
- Add a gated or semi-gated form to your blogs; your readers will get into your email list.
2. Your Social Media Platforms
Nowadays, businesses always succeed in making their strong presence on social media, as it is a frequently evolving and growing platform where the audience like to see the current update on the account. So it is yet another way to convert people as your subscribers.
How do I do that?
One such way is Twitter Lead generation cards, which is nothing but adding a link to the tweet, which simply expands on a click and makes it easy for people to subscribe to your email list.
3. Email Signature
Irrespective of the size of your company, you might send hundreds or even thousands of emails to your prospects as a brand. Hence, this space is ideal for promoting your newsletter and attracting subscribers.
4. Discounts and Offers
One of the most effective play cards in email marketing strategies. Giving discounts and other value-added offers is one of the great ways to entice customers to sign up for your email list if you sell products online.
In addition to building your email list, you also increase sales.
Two birds with one stone!
5. Exclusive and Early Access:
Your brand value grows over time, allowing you to offer early access to new products and services to your subscribers and the people they refer, who will bring in new customers.
Strategy 3: Segment Your Audience:
Are you tired of sending emails to your mailing list and seeing no good results?
Here’s where Email segmentation comes in! Divide your email list into sections for your email marketing efforts is one of the effective Email marketing strategies. As a result, you can tailor your message more effectively to your audience.
Let’s see the nitty-gritty of why Email Segmentation is Important:
Targeted emails have a high open rate of 20 to 40% and click-through rates.
- Get connected with your target audience effectively by tailored content that addresses their problem and challenges.
- Bring revenue to your business by moving your audience down the funnel.
- Segmentation will increase your email marketing ROI by doing it right.
- With their previous purchase history
- Frequency of Engagement they have made with the emails you have sent them
- The onsite activity they performed before
Segmentation is a powerful email marketing strategy for your business’s success because
- It elevates your open rates and Click-through rates
- It boosts your conversion rate
- Reduces unsubscribers and Spam rates
Consequently, email segmentation is a powerful tool in email marketing strategies to improve customer experience.
Strategy 4: Personalize the Emails with Proper Subject Line & CTA.
Drafting personalized emails is one of the good email marketing strategies, adding a personal touch to the emails that you send to your customers because they are more than just a name in your database.
Never treat them transactional instead, provide them with value.
Have you ever thought about why do you need to make your emails personalized?
- 70% of millennials get frustrated because of the irrelevant emails they receive, according to SmaterHQ.
- Adding one more piece of data to it, 52% of the customers say they choose a different place for shopping due to a lack of personalization email, according to Activetrail.
You have drafted a unique email copy with images or videos, but what is the use if you don’t add an effective CTA to it? Or add a boring CTA like “Learn more” or “Shop Now.”
Uh- Boring, isn’t it? Don’t do that ever; make it attractive to your customers.
CTA is also crucial for email marketing strategies. So, make it actionable to your subscribers that can’t help but click it. Proper CTA moves the subscribers in the right direction and improves the click-through rate.
The door doesn’t open without a proper ‘“Key” – Subject Line.
According to Yes lifecycle marketing, a 50% open rate is high only due to the personalized subject line.
Keep your subject line crisp, be specific with the words, and have an appealing tone. But, never finalize it and jump onto the cushion, imagining this would work. Always have A/B testing for the subject line to make your email marketing campaign successful.
Strategy 5: Analyze Your Email Campaign Performance
If you don’t analyze your email marketing campaign, you pull down from your email marketing strategies.
Just as a sailor loses direction in the sea without the compass
1. Bounce Rate
To simplify, it is the percentage of emails that failed to land in your email lister inbox. There are two categories in it soft bounce and hard bounce.
Email deliverability is vital, but having a bounce rate is inevitable; if you have it in the bound of 2% or less, it is good, and vice versa.
How to improve the Bounce Rate?
Here are some ways:
- Use simple code in your emails for your audience to understand
- Check and remove inactive and unsubscribers from your email list at regular intervals.
- Verify the domain from which you send emails
- Don’t spam your audience with many emails or spammy words
- Let your subscribers decide if they want your emails in their inboxes in the future.
2. Open Rate
Now here, you have to track the open rate because that is when you’ll know the effectiveness of your subject line and engagement rate from your target audience.
Get on the foot to make it perfect.
We’ll review the steps to improve your open rate for email marketing.
- Trigger the curiosity with the subject line.
- Segment your audience and put them on different lists. Keep your email lists fresh.
- Use the First name of your audience to make it personalized
- Beware of spam filters
- Make your emails more useful by solving their problems and challenges instead of sending generic ones.
- Permit your subscribers if they want to be on your email list.
- Stick to the timing you send emails to your subscribers
- Give an opt-in form for your subscribers
- Send a mobile-optimized email to your subscribers
3. Click-Through Rate
CTR is a crucial metric because if your target audience doesn’t click the link you sent them, you are not generating value from your email marketing campaign.
It is not going to be a piece of cake, but you can make it.
But how? Let me take you in,
- Get your subject line tested by A/B testing.
- Write a crisp email to let your audience encounter the content before they get bored.
- Make the most pre-header unique and curious to open your email
- Add a social sharing button to your email. So that it will be easy for your customers to share
- Avoid distracting your reader by covering more than one topic at a time
- Use FOMO on email but ensure you don’t do it heavy
- Send mobile-optimized emails with multimedia.
4. Unsubscribe Rate
Why did users unsubscribe from your email list? You should pay close attention to this place. Every industry has set its level of unsubscribe rate; it is 2% or 3%, so you don’t have to worry about it; that can fluctuate up and down a little.
How to avoid this to set a successful email marketing campaign,
- Never buy emails in bulk.
- Personalize your emails from one customer to another
- Collect feedback from your customers and make improvements in your following process
- Make your emails responsive
- Consider frequency when sending emails to your customers. Avoid too many emails and fill their inbox.
5. Conversion Rate and Revenue
To lower the conversion rate, it is high time you have to tweak your email marketing campaign, at least in certain areas, to make it perform well and increase the revenue of the particular campaign.
If the ROI of the campaign is low, then your email marketing strategy should be tossed.
It can be improved in two ways,
- First, Personalize your offer through proper email segmentation.
- Secondly, Improve the mechanism by implementing the email marketing strategy (Time, subject line, and optimized pre-header)
6. Forward/Share Rate
This rate is tracked simply to understand if you have provided valuable content and to determine where you missed the mark.
Nothing is complex; it simply tells you how many subscribers have “Shared or Forwarded” your email.
Email marketing will be the better way to communicate with your customers, of course! With the right and structured email marketing strategies, you can get the most out of every email marketing campaign you run for your business’s success.
It is no doubt that email marketing strategies are the crucial component of your business success that makes your business reach, effectively build long-term relationships with your customers, and drive revenue.
Now you know the five powerful email marketing strategies to run your business successfully, you only need to follow them and take action.